First, it is nice to see our past participants making great progress in software development. Well done to all of you!
Now in this batch I hope to introduce CodeIgniter and Joomla. So it’s going to be a little more hectic than usual – smiles…
For those of you who are new to this, read on to find out what you can do after successfully completing this programme.
In short, it’s about converting your skills into cash!
Do the following attributes describe you?
- You are either an ambitious school-leaver, undergraduate, or post-graduate student keen in taking up software development as a career
- You are clever at problem-solving and simply enjoy it
- You like to design websites and web applications
If you belong to any of the above groups, you definitely need to take advantage of this training programme. It’s not just a programme – it’s rigorous, fast-paced and work-oriented.
What is offerred…
- Intensive training on building PHP applications/websites.
- A thorough grounding on working with MySQL database servers – this includes writing SQL and working with PHPMyadmin.
- Working with OOP techniques, and introduction to CodeIgniter and Joomla
- Introduction to graphics with InkScape and Gimp
- Comprehensive coverage of XHTML + CSS
- Hands-on activities and training, based on real-world projects.
- Introduction to working with the Ubuntu OS
What happens after training?
Those who successfully complete this programme will be:
- able to instantly apply to programmers’ positions at leading organisations.
- able to do freelance work, even by staying at home.
- eligible to work as on-call developers with Marha Online, or be suitable for fixed employment positions with us when there are openings.
Commencement: 20th June, 2011 – reserve your place now!
Course duration: 30 sessions x 3 hours each.
Schedule: Mon, Tue, Thu – 9:00AM to 12:00 noon.
Eligibility: you need to have ALL of the following:
- Be very comfortable with learning in English.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Have a basic knowledge of working with computers. Priority will be given to those who demonstrate their programming abilities.
- Be WELL-DISCIPLINED, committed, honest and hard-working.
- Be a self-starter who can take a little instructions and use his/her initiative to complete a task.
- Have basic math skills and ‘intelligent’ problem solving skills.
- You also must have your own laptop.
Restrictions: This is NOT for those busy people who are already in any kind of full-time work.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in pursuing this programme, simply send an email telling us about yourself, to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0722.980.688 for any clarification.